- This event has passed.
CTN Animation eXpo
November 12, 2019
International animation sensation CTN animation eXpo will be taking over the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Hotel and Convention Center with 400+ top creators on the exhibition floor along with 10,000 fans and attendees from the world-wide animation industry, Thursday, November 21 through Sunday, November 24. Tickets start at $40 and are available at www.ctnanimationexpo.com.
For the 11th year, the CTN animation eXpo will turn the spotlight on production artists and creative visionaries in the animation, visual effects, and video game communities. The 2019 theme is “Transformations,” shedding a light on growth in both the hard and soft skills of being an artist in the animation industry, providing rocket fuel to creators establishing their talent and position in the industry. Animators consistently empower the content that brings films, CGI, special effects, and virtual reality to life across a wide spectrum of entertainment, signaling the importance of the CTN eXpo to filmmaking.
Special appearances at this year’s CTN animation eXpo include:
• Adonna Khare, an American master carbon-pencil storytelling artist. Her work has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Juxtapoz Magazine, Hi-Fructose, Mashable, and more.
• Award-winning fantasy illustrator and educator Ed Binkley, who has crafted a masterful style of illustration that is finely detailed and signature to him.
• Acclaimed and highly sought-after fashion illustrator Jacqueline Bissett. Her clients include such fashion giants as Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Cartier, Ralph Lauren, Vogue, Disney, and more.
• Paul Heaston, an obsessive sketchbook-keeper who has spent his life mastering the concept of drawing normal everyday things and turning them into visual symphonies of sketch art.
• Sergio Pablos, one of the most successful animators transformed to writer, director, and studio owner working today.
Additional appearances include animators Will Weston, Ross Tran, Jake Parker, Charles Hu, Mac Smith, Glen Keane, Kris Pearn, Max Ulichney, Don Hahn, and Peter Schneider.
Sneak Peek Screenings include:
• Sneak screening of the most-awaited Disney sequel, Frozen II.
• A preview of Netflix’s exciting slate of 2020 films with special guests and never-before-seen footage of projects including Kris Pearn’s The Willoughbys and Glen Keane’s Over the Moon.
• Late night screening of I Lost My Body with director Q&A.
• A premiere screening of Klaus, written and directed by Sergio Pablos in his directorial debut, and distributed by Netflix as its first original animated feature.
• Premiere of Walt Disney Animation’s Short Circuit, an experimental short film due for release in 2020.
• Additional screenings include Waking Sleeping Beauty and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Long-format Master Classes include Michal Makarewicz for animation; Oliver Thomas, Jerrica Cleland and Dave Zaboski for story; and Goro Fujita for VR.
Attendees are encouraged to make a connection with talent on their own or through CTN’s Information Scavenger Hunt and Design This challenge, where participants are encouraged to bring a sketchbook, and connect with as many of the headliners in the Featured Artist Live Studio as possible.